Celebrating Mom with Unique Gifts!

 

Best Mom Ever

Celebrating Mom with unique gifts!


I have an old trinket sitting on my dresser - it's a stained glass piece with the quote "What is home without a mother?"  It probably cost me all of $5 back in the seventies - it was one of the very first purchases I had ever made with my own money in my preteen years and I was extremely proud to gift it to my mom on a Mother's Day so very long ago.  She kept this piece on the dresser in her own bedroom and I only removed it after her passing seven years ago.  

 Clearly, some purchases made and given with love can hold
a special place in the hearts and minds of that special someone.

It seems fitting that my very first post on my new blog is all about celebrating Mother's Day.  Rarely a day goes by that I don't stop and think about my mom.  She was my champion.  She told me on a regular basis that there wasn't anything in the world that I couldn't do if I put my mind to it and she always described me as talented.

About a year ago, I decided to turn one of my hobbies into something more productive.  I love photography, I love travel, and as much as I would love to claim that I am an "artist" - at best, I only manage to faultily stumble into that particular title when you consider that I can't draw ANYTHING without the assistance of a ruler or getting creative with PowerPoint shapes (therefore, I am more comfortable with the term "designer").

Regardless, I decided to take the plunge and I began uploading photographs, musings, and whatever I could imagine into an on-demand online marketplace called Zazzle.  I determine what I want to say, how I want to say it, how I want to "illustrate" it, and then I think about what type of products to apply it to with a high hope that you (the consumer) will possibly like it.

Over the past year I have made a fairly good start in establishing my store on Zazzle with over 2000 products available for purchase and I've been identified by them as a "Pro" designer for some months now.  Still, it wasn't until I began designing products for Mother's Day that it occurred to me that if my mom were around she would be after me to start marketing my products in earnest.  I always listened to my mom - although, I'm sure there were days when she probably would have argued otherwise.  Well, I'm listening Mama - thus, the birth of this blog.

I think my mom would be proud of my efforts to date, but I know she would be even more proud of my getting over self-identified intimidation factors with starting a blog to highlight my efforts in creating unique and customizable gifts.  I couldn't begin to imagine anyone else in the role she played in my life.  She was to me the best mom ever!  So, I suppose this is why my very first offering of Mother's Day products speak to that inspiration.

The coffee mug shown above is just one of the products available.  Other items include pillows, magnets, greeting cards, and even personalized car mats (pictured below):


My collection celebrating Moms (and Dads - although, I've yet to begin that portion) is still rather small, but I'm getting my groove on with the designs and I encourage you to take a look at them and my other products available for purchase.  I have many "collections" to browse through and you can find them all by clicking on the following link: Artistic_Musings Zazzle Store

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking time to view my Zazzle store.  I'll be back soon to highlight other products that I have either created or that I'm working on.  Until then, cherish your own mom each and every day and be sure to give her an extra hug on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 12, 2019.  Finally, remember to be kind to one another!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of a Dragonfly

Sunshine (Sunflower) Bouquets